Sclerotherapy Vancouver: What is Sclerotherapy?
We offer Sclerotherapy treatment at our clinic located in Vancouver. Sclerotherapy is an effective treatment for reducing the appearance of spider veins and small varicose veins. Sclerotherapy involves the injection of a solution directly into the affected veins, causing them to collapse and fade over time. This treatment is ideal for those seeking to improve the cosmetic appearance of their legs and gain confidence in their skin.
SCLEROTHERAPY VANCOUVER: AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE?
You may be a suitable candidate for Sclerotherapy injection at our clinic in Vancouver if you:
- Have visible spider veins or small varicose veins that cause cosmetic concern
- Are in good overall health with no major medical conditions
- Seek a non-surgical solution for vein treatment
- Have realistic expectations about the treatment outcomes
SCLEROTHERAPY TREATMENT VANCOUVER: BENEFITS
Sclerotherapy for leg veins can provide numerous benefits:
- Minimally invasive treatment with no need for surgery
- Effective reduction in the appearance of spider veins and small varicose veins
- Improvement in skin appearance and texture
- Quick procedure, typically completed within 30 minutes to an hour
- Minimal downtime, allowing you to resume daily activities shortly after treatment
- Boost in self-esteem and confidence in your skin’s appearance
SCLEROTHERAPY INJECTION TREATMENT: WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR VISIT
Our experienced clinic nurse will conduct your Sclerotherapy session at Sparrow MD. During the visit, we will evaluate your veins and discuss the best treatment plan. The procedure involves injecting a sclerosing agent into the affected veins using a fine needle. The process is relatively quick and causes minimal discomfort. Most patients report feeling only a mild stinging or cramping sensation. Following the treatment, the injected veins will gradually fade, usually over a few weeks to a month.
SCLEROTHERAPY VANCOUVER: RECOVERY AND AFTERCARE
Post-treatment care after sclerotherapy injection is straightforward:
- You may be advised to wear compression stockings for a minimum of one month to help with healing and to reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and exposure to the sun for a few days post-treatment.
- Keep the treated area clean and avoid hot baths or saunas for the first 24-48 hours.
- Follow any additional aftercare instructions provided by our team for optimal results.
PREPARING FOR YOUR SCLEROTHERAPY TREATMENT
To prepare for your Sclerotherapy treatment at Sparrow MD:
- Avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements as advised to minimize the risk of bruising.
- Stay hydrated and maintain a healthy lifestyle leading up to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothing on the day of your treatment.
CHOOSING SPARROW MD FOR SCLEROTHERAPY VANCOUVER
Sparrow MD is committed to providing safe and effective Sclerotherapy treatments. Our team, led by experienced medical professionals, ensures that each treatment is tailored to meet your individual needs and aesthetic goals. We pride ourselves on delivering results that not only enhance the appearance of your skin but also improve your overall well-being.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
While some veins may respond immediately, it typically takes several weeks to months to see the full results of Sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy treatments cost around 200-250 dollars at our clinic in Vancouver.
Sclerotherapy is generally not considered to be a very painful procedure, but patients may experience varying levels of discomfort. The extent of discomfort largely depends on individual pain tolerance and the specific area being treated. Most patients experience minimal discomfort during Sclerotherapy. The sensation is often described as a quick, mild sting.
The number of treatments required varies depending on the number and size of veins being treated. On average, patients may need 2-4 sessions for optimal results.
Yes, Sclerotherapy is often combined with other treatments. It can be combined with laser treatments, which may be more suitable for very fine, superficial veins, while Sclerotherapy can be better for spider veins or small varicose veins.
One week after Sclerotherapy, the appearance of your legs may include some minor side effects as part of the healing process. You may expect to see some residual bruising, redness, and mild irritation. There may be temporary darkening of the treated veins. This is due to blood coagulation and the body’s response to the treatment. This usually diminishes over time. You may see some small scabs or sores. You will likely still be wearing compression bandages to aid healing and reduce the risk of side effects.
Commonly experienced side effects include bruising, redness, irritation, swelling, and temporary discolouration at the injection sites. More rarely, patients might experience temporary hardening of veins, allergic reactions, skin sores, tingling or numbness, and the formation of fine red vessels. Serious complications like deep vein thrombosis or visual disturbances are extremely rare
Sclerotherapy has minimal downtime. Most patients can resume normal activities immediately, although strenuous exercise should be avoided for a few days.
Ready to find out more? Get started today!
Learn more of our latest blogs